Dog Eating Grapes

A Lesson to Learn from Dog Eating Grapes!

Experts gathered and we addressed some of those concerns along with what really is factual in a computerized animal toxicity database helped veterinarians see and establish a trend. What they notice, what they’re able to find is that for a small percent of dogs after they had consumed grapes or raisins they developed acute kidney failures.

I mean so that’s been known actually for the last  years the type of grape doesn’t seem to matter obviously the type of raisin and the amount consumed doesn’t necessarily correlate in terms of dogs because just few grapes developed kidney failure or a few raisins or other ones you ingest vast quantities with no ill effect.

So, here is what is known in that dogs that are to be affected most of them vomit within a few hours after consuming the raisins or grapes pan. Owners noticed the delicacy vomit with the raisins and grape in them as well majority of the dogs also seemed hyperactive. They’re jittery hyperactive soon after consuming those raisins and grapes so the toxin worked quite quickly.

So within a hour period many of these dogs had diarrhea, there may be signs of grapes or raisins in that diarrhea. They become anorexic in terms of not eating at all they can become very depressed. They have signs of acute abdominal or stomach pain so their belly becomes great as Lewis’s belly.

Here it’s very tense very painful your dog may be hunched drag it over. It’s obvious there’s something seriously clinically wrong with them then shortly after that and even just hours after that they can get to the point where they produce less and less urine to the point. They produce virtually no urine so I mean that signs of acute in stage kidney failure go a couple of big key points dogs that are treated early and aggressively has a reasonable chance of recovery. That’s the reason most of the experts advise dog owners to learn from an experienced vet to induce vomiting in such emergencies. You can find the guide here on this link > https://www.petypets.com/make-dog-throw-up-and-induce-vomit/

 

If treatment is delayed at all those dogs will die they’re going to die of kidney failure. So what is not known today I mean this has been years we still don’t know what the toxin is. We don’t know is it a pesticide, is it some form of heavy metal, is it a fungal Mike Michel toxin, is it something specific within the grapes themselves or what?

We don’t know I mean grapes come from all over the world these rinses I just picked up this morning they’ve come from Chile you know until you wash something you’ll see a bit of this sort of whitish color on it. I mean likely that sometime of pesticide or some other form of treatment we don’t know what’s causing it and I mean it does seem somewhat unusual that it’s been years you yet to identify the cause in that whole period of time.

You’ve got millions of people consuming these same grapes a couple of other things that doesn’t seem a correlation with the amount consumed me a few grapes a few raisins. Two entire quantities can deduce it majority of dogs and part of the reason I’m writing is most dogs can consume grapes or raisins and they’re fine. When I started to look to I get a fixture on the number looking at databases I can’t actually get an accurate amount of dogs are poisoned last year but looking at sort of last reported year they reported about cases and there’s no stat in terms of how many thousand dogs actually consume grapes versus how many actually developed kidney failure.

So, we know it’s a very small percent and I think that’s the big what’s happened now with different internet stories is that most dogs things can consume them and they’re fine but a small percent will consume them and still go into kidney color. I’m not still happening today so what should you do mom is the first obvious thing don’t be feeding your dogs grapes or raisins. Make sure they don’t have any easy access to them and think about other areas where you might find raisins. It could be in raisin bran it might be in some type of trail mix where there’s lots of different places where we’re adding in raisin so you just want to make sure they’re not available your dog can get it and you’re cognizant Len letting other . Hope it helps.